A simple recipe for leftovers: pasta casserole with sausage and vegetables
If the fridge is full of leftovers that are a shame to throw away but not enough to use, then we have the solution here: cook a delicious pasta casserole.
- Ingredients for the casserole: 2 onions, two cloves of garlic, 300 grams of pasta, remaining vegetables such as peas, carrots, corn, mushrooms, or peppers, 150 grams of remaining cheese, remaining sausage such as ham or meat sausage, 100 ml vegetable stock, 100 ml cream
- Preparation: In the first step, dice onions, garlic, vegetables, and sausage. Mix everything in a large bowl. Now fill the uncooked noodles in a casserole dish. Pour the vegetable and sausage mixture over it.
- In a small saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a boil with the cream. Season with herbs, salt, or pepper if needed. Pour the sauce over the pasta and vegetables. Finally, sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- The casserole comes in the preheated oven (170 degrees circulating air) and is baked there for 35 to 45 minutes. After half an hour, test the firmness of the noodles. If these are soft, the casserole can be removed from the oven. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
Fried potato pan with egg
If you have leftover potatoes from the day before, you can make a delicious fried potato pan with vegetables and egg. Here comes the recipe.
- Ingredients for two servings: 400 g potatoes, 1 onion, remaining vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms, or courgettes, 2 to 3 eggs, vegetable oil for frying, half a teaspoon each of rosemary, thyme, and paprika powder, salt, and pepper
- Preparation: Cut the potatoes into thin slices. Peel and dice the onion and the vegetables. Put rapeseed or olive oil in a pan and heat it up. Sauté onions and vegetables in it.
- Now add the potatoes and season with paprika, herbs, salt, and pepper. Fry everything over medium heat until the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Finally, add the eggs and mix them with the potato and vegetable pan. When the egg is set, you can serve the leftover dish. This goes well with fresh bread.
Poor knight with fruit as a leftover dish
This tasty dish is perfect for breakfast or as a sweet afternoon snack.
- Ingredients for four servings: 400 g fruit (e.g. strawberries, apples, grapes, raspberries), 30 g granulated sugar, 170 ml milk, 1 small egg, 1 tablespoon icing sugar, 4 slices of toast, 30 g breadcrumbs, 30 g ground hazelnuts, salt, butter for frying
- Preparation: First wash the fruit and cut it into small pieces. Sprinkle the fruit with the sugar and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, a pinch of salt, and powdered sugar. On a plate, mix the breadcrumbs with hazelnuts.
- Dip the toast into the egg and milk mixture on both sides. Then turn the drained bread into the breadcrumbs and nut mixture.
- Put some butter in a large pan and fry the toast for five minutes on each side. Place the finished toast on a plate and pour the marinated fruit over it. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.