Make coconut butter yourself – child’s play
To make your own coconut butter, you only need one ingredient: grated coconut. Incidentally, coarse rasps are better than fine ones. Alternatively, you can of course use the flesh of a coconut. Your tool is the blender.
- Add at least enough shredded coconut – or coconut meat – to the blender to cover the cutter blades. It’s easy to calculate how much coconut butter you end up with: 100 grams of shredded coconut butter equals 100 grams.
- Now simply blend the coconut flakes until you get the creamy coconut butter. Depending on the strength of your blender, this will take 15 to 30 minutes.
- When the butter is ready, put it in a clean, sealable container and keep the butter in the fridge. Coconut butter hardens cold, but as soon as you warm it up, it regains its liquid-creamy consistency.
- You can keep coconut butter refrigerated for a few months.
Using coconut butter in the kitchen
Coconut butter is as easy to make as it is versatile in the kitchen.
- You can use the ingredients of the healthy coconut, for example, as a delicious spread.
- Due to its inherent sweetness, the butter is ideal for the production of sweet dishes and desserts as well as smoothies. Frozen you conjure up refreshing ice cream from it.
- When cooking, coconut butter makes many sauces and soups creamier. But you can also use it for roasting and baking.
Coconut for skin and hair
The butter made from the coconut meat is not only healthy when used internally. Skin and hair also benefit from creamy butter.
- If you suffer from blemishes, coconut butter can help improve your complexion. Apply the butter thinly to the affected areas.
- Coconut butter is also suitable for whole body care. Dry and sensitive skin is supplied with moisture and becomes supple.
- If you don’t want to do without a certain scent when you care for your skin, simply add a few drops of essential oil of your choice when making the coconut butter.
- The butter also provides your hair with a lot of moisture and especially cares for the tips. To do this, massage a little into the ends of the hair, but be careful with the butter. You don’t want to grease your hair, you want to care for it. A pea-sized blob is enough.