Make Curly Fries yourself – Here’s how
This is the basic recipe for curly fries. Basically, curly fries are nothing more than curled fries with a special breading. It is best to use a pound of potatoes for three servings.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into curlies. This works best with a double curl cutter. Alternatively, shape the potatoes with a radish cutter.
- It is best to place the prepared potatoes in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from turning brown while you prepare the seasoning.
- Mix an egg with 100g flour and half a tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Season with half a teaspoon each of paprika powder, curry powder, salt, and a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Tip: It is best to put the mixture in a large freezer bag. Then you can turn the potatoes in it more easily.
- When the marinade is ready, take the potatoes out of the water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Add the potato curlies to the marinade in the bag and shake well. In this way, the potatoes are seasoned evenly on all sides.
- Spread the curly fries on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake them in an oven preheated to 225 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then you can already enjoy your homemade curly fries.
- Of course, you can change the breading to suit your taste. Alternatively, you can do without the breading entirely, bake the curly fries in the oven like normal fries and then simply salt them.