Make summer drinks yourself: This is how you make delicious lemonade
You can easily make lemonade yourself with this method:
- Squeeze 4 to 6 lemons and grate the zest. Make sure that the lemon zest is also edible.
- Bring 200ml of water to a boil. Add 300g sugar and the lemon zest and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the lemon juice to the saucepan and let the mixture simmer for a while.
- Then let the syrup cool down and pour it through a fine sieve into a sterile sealable jar. It is best to store the syrup in a cool and dark place.
- Now you can fill a glass with syrup to taste and fill it up with sparkling water. Add lemon slices and ice cubes, and done.
Elderberry Herb Lemonade
Decide for yourself which herbs you want to use and how much sugar should be included.
- Place the fresh elderflowers in a large sealable jar. If you don’t have fresh buds on hand, the syrup will work, but it won’t taste quite as good.
- Now you can let your creativity run free. Add herbs or fruit. Rosemary, basil, thyme, lemons, or oranges, for example, do well.
- You can sweeten it with sugar, honey, or agave syrup. You decide how sweet your soda will be. A pinch of salt is also good.
- Let the mixture steep for at least 24 hours. When serving, pass through a sieve and decorate with fresh herbs or lemon, for example.
Homemade Iced Tea
Here, too, you can vary with fruits and herbs of your choice.
- Brew 3 to 4 bags of black tea with 2 to 3 liters of water. Do not steep the tea for more than 3 minutes to prevent it from becoming bitter or too strong.
- Let the tea cool down completely. Now you can add fruits like apples, peaches, lemons or oranges. Herbs like mint are also good.
- Sweeten to taste as mentioned above and leave to stand for at least 24 hours. Of course, iced tea tastes best when served on ice.