You can easily make your vegan fish sauce at home. In this article, you will find out which ingredients you need for the production and how the preparation works best.
Making the vegan fish sauce: Here’s how
Fish sauce is an important part of various dishes. If you want to make a vegan version yourself, you need the following ingredients:
- 50 milliliters of soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 sheets of nori
- 750 milliliters of water
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- Some pepper
Vegan fish sauce: This is how the preparation works
When you have all the ingredients together, you can start preparing the sauce:
- Cut the nori sheets into small pieces and then put them in a saucepan.
- Now add the 750 milliliters of water and let it boil.
- Then let the water simmer for a quarter of an hour.
- Then add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, soy sauce, miso paste, and some pepper, and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
- Now take a sieve and pour the water through it. How to filter out the nori sheets. Catch the liquid in a bowl.
- Then put the liquid back into the pot and let it simmer for another 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the finished sauce to cool and then fill it into a sealable container. You should then store it in the fridge. The sauce will keep for a few weeks this way.