Make your own potato chips quickly and easily
You can make your chips in the fryer, in the oven, in the microwave, or in the dehydrator.
- If you would like to make chips yourself more often, a dehydrator is perfect.
- Otherwise, the oven is recommended, as you can prepare your chips in it with significantly fewer calories and are therefore healthier.
- You don’t need much for your first own chips production: Potatoes, some oil, and spices according to your taste are enough.
- Which oil you use is not that important. However, oils that have little or no taste of their own, such as sunflower oil, are best suited. Rapeseed oil or olive oil are also suitable. If you want your chips to be extra spicy, try chili oil.
- There are also no specifications for the spices. The classic is of course paprika, but pepper, curry, salt, rosemary, or chili, for example, also give your potato chips a piquant note.
Preparation of the potato chips
- First, peel the raw potatoes.
- After washing and drying them, grate the potatoes into very fine slices.
- Place parchment paper on the tray and then place the potato slices on top. Note that the potato slices must be next to each other.
- Finally, brush the chips with oil and sprinkle the potato slices with the selected spices.
- Set the oven to about 200 degrees and about 15 to 20 minutes later you can indulge in your passion for nibbling.