For making soups
- 3 piece Chicken Legs (Kikok)
- 0,5 piece Onion
- 1 piece Carrot
- 1 piece Tomato
- 1 piece Celeriac
- 1 piece Clove of garlic
- 1 piece Ginger slice
- 2 piece Bay leaves
For the chicken soup-Beijing soup
- 2 piece Bell pepper (red)
- 2 piece Carrots
- 200 g Fresh bamboo shoots
- 1 pole Leeks
- 3 piece Spring onions fresh
- 2 teaspoon Sambal Oelek
- 5 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon Sweet paprika powder
- 7 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoon Soy sauce (light)
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce (dark)
- 4 tablespoon Food starch
- 2 piece Eggs
- Pepper White
Preparation of the soup mixture
- Roast the vegetable onion with the cut edge in a pan (without adding any oil / fat), roughly cut all the vegetables. Then put the chicken legs with all the ingredients for the soup (including the browned vegetable onion) in a large saucepan, pour in water (approx. 3-4 liters), salt, pepper and simmer for 2 hours (do not boil, the broth only simmer slightly to let). If white foam occurs, dispose of it with a slotted trowel.
- After the soup has simmered for 2 hours, the chicken legs are removed from the broth and set aside to cool. Now pass the soup mixture through a sieve lined with a linen cloth. When the chicken legs have cooled down, the skin is removed and the meat cut into small pieces and set aside again. Discard the leftover bones and the cooked vegetables. (This chicken broth can also be frozen in portions and used if necessary).
Preparation of the Chicken Soup-Peking Soup
- Pour half of the chicken broth (approx. 2 liters) into a sufficiently large saucepan (freeze the rest of the broth for the next time). Finely dice the peppers, carrots, leek and spring onions or cut into rings and add to the stock. Clean the fresh bamboo shoots well, cut in half and also add to the broth. Heat the broth and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the chicken, sambal oelek, tomato paste, brown sugar, paprika powder, white wine vinegar and the soy sauce (light and dark) to the soup, season with salt and pepper (the quantities in the recipe can be varied according to taste until the "sweetness" and "Acid" is balanced). After the soup is well seasoned, the cornstarch is mixed well with a little water and added to the soup.
- Reduce the temperature until the soup only simmers slightly (level 2 on the induction field). Whisk the eggs well and let them flow slowly into the soup, stirring constantly. Arrange, garnish to taste and serve hot. GOOD APPETITE !
- GENERAL: This soup is really very healthy and is ideal for strengthening the immune system and warding off colds. The effort is significantly higher and the price for the fresh ingredients is also higher than for most other soups - but the effort is worth it!