- 500 g Parsley root
- 400 g Waxy potatoes
- 6 Pc. Onions
- Clarified butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Starch
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 bunch Dill
- 100 ml Neutral oil
- 4 tbsp Natural yoghurt
- 300 ml White wine
- 200 ml Cream
- 500 ml Vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Pc. Pomegranates
Franconian farmer's bread, sourdough:
- 100 g Wholemeal rye flour
- 50 g Rye flour
- 150 g Water
- 15 g Yeast
Franconian farmer's bread, main dough:
- 200 g Rye flour
- 100 g Wheat flour
- 50 g Whole wheat flour
- 175 g Water
- 9 g Salt
- Clean the parsley root, cut into cubes, peel and dice the potatoes. Loosen the pomegranate seeds.
- 1 Finely chop the onion and sauté in the olive oil until translucent, add the parsley root and potatoes and deglaze with white wine and stock. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the remaining onions into thin rings and put them in a plastic bag. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the sugar and shake everything well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and starch, shake again. Then pour the onions into a sieve so that the excess flour is removed.
- Heat the clarified butter and fry the onion rings in it.
- Make spice oil from oil and fresh dill - it tastes best when it has been able to permeate a few days in advance.
- Add the cream to the soup and mix with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with yogurt, pomegranate and onion rings.
Franconian farmer's bread:
- Mix the sourdough ingredients together and let ripen for 20 hours at room temperature.
- Process all ingredients for 5 minutes on the lowest setting and a further 2 minutes on the second setting to form a slightly sticky dough (dough temperature approx. 28 ° C).
- Let the dough rest for a total of 90 minutes at approx. 20 ° C
- After 45 minutes, knead the dough until it is round and put it in a well-floured proving basket with the end facing down. Let rest for another 45 minutes at 20 ° C.
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C. Bake the bread at a high temperature with steam, then lower the temperature to 220 ° C and finish baking - a total of 50 minutes.