Spelled quark rolls: instructions
If you bake your rolls yourself, you can not only decide what goes in but also save yourself a lot of money. Use our delicious recipe with quark and you’ll have the warm rolls on your plate in no time at all.
- For around 12 rolls you need 350 grams of spelled flour, 1 packet of baking powder, 250 grams of low-fat quark, 50 milliliters of milk, 70 milliliters of water, and a pinch of salt. To refine it, you can of course also mix sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or linseed into the dough.
- Now mix flour, baking powder, salt, quark, and milk. Knead the ingredients into a firm mass and gradually add the water.
- Then form the mass into a ball. Put the dough in a bowl that you cover with a cloth. You can now let it sit for about ten minutes.
- Now quarter the dough into pieces. Form three buns from each quarter. The form is up to you. You can make the rolls round in a classic way or flatten them a little.
- Once you have placed the rolls on the baking tray, you can moisten them with a little water and sprinkle the seeds on top. However, this step is optional.
- Now put the whole thing in the oven at 180°C top/bottom heat for almost 30 minutes. Then let the rolls cool down and you can serve them.
- Of course, you can also vary the ingredients in this recipe. If you don’t have a low-fat quark on hand, you can simply use yogurt. Skyr yogurt in particular makes the rolls fluffy and fluffy. You can also replace the flour with whole grain or wheat flour.