You can store pre-cooked rice in a number of ways. In this article, you can find out what options there are and what you should pay attention to.
Store pre-cooked rice in the refrigerator
If you misjudged the cooking and prepared too much rice, you don’t have to throw the food away immediately.
- Cooked rice will keep in the fridge for a day or two.
- It is important that you let the rice cool down completely and put it in a sealable container before you put it in the fridge.
- When reheating rice, it is important to heat the food sufficiently high.
- This can be done either in the microwave, in a pot, or in a greased and greased form in the oven.
- Make sure the reheated rice is steaming properly. From a temperature of 65 degrees, you can assume that any bacteria present have been killed.
Extend shelf life by freezing
You can easily freeze cooked rice. Basmati, jasmine, and Patna rice are best suited for this.
- If you want to freeze cooked rice, the food should be prepared as freshly as possible.
- Then let the rice cool down and place it in portions in airtight freezer bags.
- If the rice has already been cooked to the point, it is best to let it thaw at room temperature. Steam is best suited for heating afterward.
- If the rice has not finished cooking but is just beginning to cook, place the bag of frozen rice in a saucepan of boiling water.