Tart for the shortcrust pastry:
- 200 g Flour
- 100 g Butter
- 30 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Pc. Egg
Tart for the topping:
- 600 g Apples
- 1 l Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 300 g Sugar
For the ice cream:
- 200 ml Sweet cream
- 125 g Mascarpone
- 2 Pc. Egg yolk
- 1 Pc. Vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 packet Vanilla sugar
- 25 g Chopped pistachio
- 1 tbsp Sugar
The shortcrust pastry:
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Knead the ingredients into a dough and shape into a ball. Wrap in foil and place in the refrigerator until further processing.
- Put the egg yolks in a tall container. Pour in the cream and stir everything vigorously with a whisk. Scrape out the vanilla pod and stir in the pulp, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Mix with a mixer on the highest setting for about 30 seconds. Add the mascarpone and stir in vigorously. Put the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Peel, core and halve apples. Put 1 liter of water, 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan and heat until the water simmered gently. Then let the apples cook in the water for about 5 minutes.
- Then remove the apples and let them cool on a board. Cut the cooled, halved apples into wedges.
- Now preheat the oven to 200 ° C (convection). Prepare five tartlet molds with a diameter of about 10 cm.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2 mm and cut out five circular sheets of dough with a cutter that is a little larger than the tartlet molds.
- Carefully heat 150 g sugar in a saucepan, stirring constantly, until the sugar has turned into a liquid caramel. Add the remaining 150 g sugar and heat, stirring, until all the sugar has melted.
- Divide the caramel between the five tartlet molds. The bottom of the molds should be completely covered.
- Then spread the apple wedges on the caramel so that they overlap slightly and the entire caramel is covered. For medium-sized apples, a little more than half an apple should be used per mold.
- Then place the dough cut out on the apples and press down on the edge. Place the tartlet molds in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- After baking, turn the tartelettes out onto a plate.
The tarte tatin:
- While the tartelettes are in the oven, the ice cream can be placed in an ice cream maker and the pistachios lightly caramelized with 1 tablespoon sugar in a pan.
- Place the tarte tatin in the center of the plate, pour a tablespoon of the pistachio-sugar mixture on top and place a wad of ice cream on top.