Use chocolate in the chocolate cake
A chocolate cake is a solution for every occasion in life. For this, you need 100 grams of butter, 100 grams of chocolate, 4 eggs, 100 grams of flour, 100 grams of sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. The cake is baked for half an hour at 180 degrees in the oven with top and bottom heat.
- Melt the butter along with the chocolate. To speed up the process, cut the butter into chunks and break the chocolate into chunks.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar, melted butter chocolate, and flour. Finally, add the baking powder.
- Slide the cake into the oven and use a wooden skewer to check if it is done.
Drinking chocolate is a classic on cozy evenings at home. Instead of using a powder from the store, you can also prepare the drinking chocolate from leftovers. You need 400ml milk, 100 grams of chocolate, 100 grams of cream, vanilla sugar, and water to taste.
- Melt the chocolate. At the same time bring the milk, the cream, and a little water to a boil.
- Add the melted chocolate to the milk. Stir constantly so that the mass mixes perfectly. Then the vanilla sugar is added. Alternatively, you can also use the pulp of a vanilla bean. It’s more aromatic.
- Keep stirring and let the mixture simmer for about five minutes. To intensify the aroma, you can add some cocoa.
chocolate on a stick
You can melt the chocolate and pour it into other shapes.
- This is especially useful if you have leftover chocolate Santas. With the help of praline molds, you can give the chocolate an actual shape.
- To do this, melt the chocolate over a water bath and fill it into the molds.
- Let the chocolate cool down. To get chocolate sticks, you can stick cake pop sticks into the still liquid chocolate.
Liqueur with chocolate
A liqueur is also conceivable for the use of leftovers. For this, you need 100ml of milk, 150ml of cream, 50ml of vodka, and 150 grams of chocolate.
- Briefly boil the mixture of cream and milk. Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk and cream mixture. The pieces of chocolate are crushed with a hand blender.
- The cooled mixture is mixed with the vodka. Depending on your preference, you can add vanilla sugar or the pulp of a vanilla bean.
A healthier alternative is a chocolate fondue.
- Fruit and berries are good for this. The classics are bananas, apples, and strawberries.
- To do this, melt the chocolate over a water bath and dip the selected fruit into the chocolate.
- You can also add chunks of chocolate to the batter of cookies.