Using tangerines: How to cook the fruit
For many, tangerines are part of the Christmas season. If you have too much fruit, you don’t have to throw it away, you can easily preserve it. You need 10 tangerines, 450 milliliters of water, 200 grams of sugar, and four mason jars.
- First put the water in a pot and wait until it boils.
- Then add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Now prepare the tangerines. To do this, peel them and remove the white skin from the individual pieces.
- Then place the tangerines in the mason jars, making sure to leave about an inch of space at the top. Then pour the water into the glasses. Note that the tangerines are completely covered with it.
- Then place the glasses on a baking sheet. It is important that the glasses are at a distance from each other and do not touch each other.
- Then fill the baking sheet with water and place the glasses in the oven for 30 minutes at 100°C.
- If you store the pickled tangerines in a cool, dark place, they will keep for about six months.
Tangerine jam: Here’s how
The delicious tangerine jam is perfect for breakfast. For the production, you need 8 tangerines, 1 lemon, 400 grams of preserving sugar, a cinnamon stick, and three jam jars.
- First, peel the tangerines and thoroughly remove the white skin.
- Then squeeze the lemon.
- Now put the tangerines with the lemon juice and preserving sugar in a saucepan and mix everything well.
- Let the mixture steep for about 20 minutes and then puree it.
- Now add the cinnamon stick and set the stove on medium heat. Then let the mixture simmer for about a quarter of an hour. Then remove the cinnamon stick again.
- Finally, fill the jam into the jars and seal them. Then leave the jars for about 24 hours before enjoying the jam.
Quick and easy: delicious tangerine syrup
Making tangerine syrup is ideal when you have a lot of fruit left over. You will need 12 tangerines, 300 grams of sugar, 1 lemon, 2-star anise, and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- First, squeeze your tangerines and lemon. A juicer is ideal for this.
- Now put the juice in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Set the stove to medium-high and wait for the mixture to begin to boil. Then let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then remove the syrup from the heat and discard the star anise.
- Then fill the syrup into a sterilized and sealable bottle using a funnel. Store the finished syrup in the refrigerator.