Vegan pizza is no more complicated than the conventional variant. In this article, we will show you how you can easily and quickly prepare them yourself.
Vegan pizza: how it works
You don’t need any more ingredients for vegan pizza than for the original variant: normal pizza dough made from yeast, water, salt, and flour is vegan anyway. Recipes without yeast can also be used for a vegan version. But what comes next? We have put together some ideas for you:
- Pizza dough: For the pizza dough you need 500 grams of wheat flour, half a cube of fresh yeast, 250 milliliters of lukewarm water, and salt.
- Crumble the yeast in lukewarm water. Then knead the ingredients together and let the dough rise in a warm place for a few hours.
- Vegan pizza cheese: As a vegan, you don’t automatically have to do without a delicious cheese pizza. For yeast melt, you need 4 tablespoons of margarine, 3 tablespoons of flour, some salt, 250 milliliters of water, 2 teaspoons of mustard, and 8 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- Heat the margarine in a saucepan and add the flour. Allow the mass to simmer briefly before adding the water, mustard, and salt. Finally, add the yeast flakes.
- Tomato sauce: For a fresh tomato sauce, you need 2 cloves of garlic, 400 grams of tomato passata, an onion, fresh basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Sweat the sliced onion and garlic in vegetable oil. Then add the tomatoes and spices and taste the sauce to taste.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are essential on a vegan pizza. These combinations taste particularly good together: corn and peppers; red onion, spinach, and pine nuts; pumpkin, carrot, and some curry powder; Tomato and arugula. Here you can let your creativity run wild!
- Substitute products such as vegan sausages or seitan also taste good to many. You can also make vegan mince with spicy tofu, for example. With jackfruit as a meat substitute, you can imitate pulled pork for your pizza.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. Roll out your pizza dough so it fits on your baking sheet. Brush the dough with tomato sauce and spread your favorite topping over it.
- Finally, the yeast melt comes over it before the dough goes into the oven for about 12 minutes.