- 200 g Dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 200 g Roasted almond sticks
- Although hardly any additional ingredients are required for this snack, the preparation is what counts. The almonds should only be roasted gently. Color very light brown, preferably beige.
- The most important thing is that the roasted almonds must be completely cool, otherwise the splinters will turn gray afterwards. The chocolate should be cut as finely as possible, I always put 50% of it aside. Then the rest is melted over the water bath, if nice and creamy, remove from the water bath immediately.
- Then stir in the rest of the chocolate in portions until it is completely melted. With white chocolate, the temperature should then be a maximum of 29 °, with dark chocolate, however, not above 31 °. Then put the cool almonds in the liquid chocolate, stir well and place 2 teaspoons in small heaps on baking paper, work very quickly, otherwise the rest of the mixture in the pot will be hard and will not be processed well. If this happens, never heat the pot in the microwave, the splinters will then turn completely gray. It is better to pour a little warmer chocolate over it again.