Whether green or white asparagus – both variants of asparagus recipes are very popular, especially in spring. In this article, we present 3 delicious asparagus recipes that you can easily cook at home.
Asparagus recipes: The asparagus tart
Asparagus is usually cooked in a classic way and served with potatoes, ham, and Hollandaise sauce. A slightly more unusual but very tasty recipe is the asparagus tart. For this, you need a roll of puff pastry, 500 grams of green asparagus, 150 grams of feta cheese, 200 grams of crème fraîche, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan, the juice of half a lemon, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and some nutmeg, salt and pepper to season.
- First, preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Then roll out the puff pastry on baking paper and place it on a baking sheet.
- Mix the eggs with crème fraîche and Parmesan and season the mixture with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Spread the mixture evenly over the puff pastry.
- Top the tart with the washed asparagus. “Crumble” the feta on top and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Now add some salt and pepper.
- Now bake the prepared tart for about 25 minutes on the middle shelf in your oven. Serve the tart warm or enjoy it cold the next day.
Asparagus cream soup with shrimp
An asparagus cream soup is one of the most popular asparagus recipes and should therefore not be missing. For the classic shrimp variant you need, in addition to 750 grams of white asparagus and 80 grams of frozen shrimp, 100 grams of frozen peas, 30 grams of butter, 2 tablespoons of flour, 100 milliliters of whipped cream, 2 lemons, 2 eggs and a tablespoon of olive oil, as well as some salt, pepper, chili powder, and sugar.
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the ends. Boil the peels and ends in a liter of water with salt, lemon, and sugar. After 10 minutes of cooking, remove them from the broth. The shells and ends are no longer needed.
- Cut the peeled asparagus into small pieces and add them to the simmering broth. After about 7 minutes, add the peas and let the broth simmer for another 5 minutes. Then remove the vegetables.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sweat the flour in the butter. Deglaze the roux with the asparagus broth, stirring constantly, and let the soup simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Fry the shrimp in hot oil and add chili powder. Season both the soup and the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the two egg yolks with the cream and add 2 tablespoons of the soup. Then stir the cream mixture into the remaining soup overheat (but not boil) and add the asparagus and peas.
- In the last step, garnish the finished soup with the fried shrimp and serve your asparagus cream soup hot.
Asparagus salad with strawberries and pistachios
This fresh recipe is ideal for warm spring and summer days. For this, you need a kilo of asparagus, preferably green and white asparagus mixed. You will also need 250 grams of strawberries, 100 grams of baby spinach, 25 grams of sugar, 2 tablespoons of pistachios, 100 milliliters of white balsamic vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper for seasoning, and fresh basil to garnish.
- First, cut off the bottom ends of the asparagus. Then peel the white asparagus and cook them in salted water. After 5 minutes, add the green asparagus and let the asparagus simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Quarter the strawberries and wash the baby spinach. Arrange the berries and spinach on plates along with the asparagus.
- For the dressing, let the sugar caramelize and pour 100 milliliters of hot water and hot balsamic vinegar over it. Let the dressing simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Pour the slightly cooled dressing over the arranged vegetables and let the salad sit for half an hour.
- Before serving, garnish the salad with the pistachios and some basil. Enjoy your spring salad.