For the dough
- 500 g Spelt flour
- 3 Egg yolk
- 1 packet Dry yeast
- 75 g Sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 0,25 L Milk
- 0,25 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Lemon zest
- 150 g Butter
- 100 g Sugar fine
- 200 g Flaked almonds
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 8 tbsp Milk or cream
For the filling
- 1 L Milk
- 2 packet Custard powder
- 150 g Sugar
- 600 g Cream
- 2 tbsp Vanilla sugar
- 2 packet Instant gelatine or 12 gelatine sheets
- Make a yeast dough from the dough ingredients. The yeast dough is for a large baking sheet.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, the topping: heat the milk and butter, add the almonds, sugar and honey. Simmer gently until the mixture has turned translucent.
- Let the topping cool down.
- After 45 minutes, knead the yeast dough again briefly, roll out and place on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170C top-bottom heat.
- After the 15 minutes, put the baking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes, prebake the dough (no longer please).
- When the dough is pre-baked, spread the cooled mixture on top for the topping. And bake the dough for another 25 minutes. And let the cake cool.
- Now prepare the filling. Cook a pudding according to the instructions.
- Put the milk in a saucepan, then mix a few tablespoons with the pudding powder, bring the rest of the milk to the boil with sugar, remove from the stove, stir in the powder, then bring to the boil again.
- Let cool down a little. (Lukewarm) stir in the gelatine, cover the bowl so that the pudding does not get any skin.
- Put it in the fridge, but don't let the pudding set.
- When the cake has cooled down, cut once across, I've divided it in the middle, it's easier.
- Beat the cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff.
- Fold under the pudding mixture and distribute evenly on the cake. Carefully put the cut half back on. And put in the fridge for about 2 hours.