Increased humidity levels in the bathroom are often the cause of fungus, mold, and insects. In addition, a musty bathroom is unpleasant to be in.
Why there is condensation in the bathroom – causes
Experienced masters of apartment repair say that the causes of increased humidity are only four:
- poor ventilation;
- Lack of treatment of walls with antifungal and antiseptic compositions;
- Frequent flooding of the basement;
- Insufficient heating in the apartment.
In addition, if you often dry laundry in the bathroom and leave a large number of open containers of water there, it can also cause dampness. As a result, you will begin to have tiles falling off, appliances breaking and an unpleasant smell will appear.
How to remove dampness in your home and bathroom
If you want to quickly and effectively get your bathroom’s humidity level up and no longer have to deal with the problem of dampness, remember a few rules:
- Never dry laundry or towels in the bathroom;
- Get a heater if you have heating problems in your home;
- Clean your vents;
- Buy a dehumidifier;
- install a towel dryer;
- Wipe condensation off the tiles and floor regularly;
- Leave the door open after you take a bath or shower.
In order to know how to get rid of dampness for good, you need to find out what absorbs water well. Salt and sugar are considered such “helpers”. Put jars of bulk in the bathroom – you will see how the dampness will disappear.