You can give up eggs for a variety of reasons – vegetarians, people who are losing weight, and those who are fasting have this habit.
What to replace eggs in yeast dough or any other dough
Eggs in the dough are needed to bind all the other ingredients together. As an alternative you can use:
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water, stir, and leave in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to swell;
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water, mix until smooth;
- 2 tbsp potato starch;
- 2 Tbsp oat flakes + 2 Tbsp water, mix until smooth.
You can also just use 3 tbsp mayonnaise, but note that mayonnaise (all but Lenten) contains eggs, so this option will only work for those who simply don’t have eggs, not for those who don’t eat them for ideological reasons.
What to replace eggs in baked goods – a vegan option
The following recipes don’t use any animal products, but they are also successful if you don’t have eggs in the fridge:
- 1 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp vinegar, pour baking soda over vinegar, quickly add to batter and stir;
- 2 tsp. baking powder + 2 tbsp. water + 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, add the dry ingredients to the dry ingredients of the dough, and add the liquid ingredients to the liquid ones;
- 2 tbsp soy or chickpea flour + 2 tbsp water, whisk thoroughly.
For example, you can mix 2 tbsp of milk + 0.5 tbsp of baking soda + 0.5 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix everything until a homogeneous consistency and add to the batter.
How to replace the eggs in the pancakes – easy tips
Pancakes can also be made without eggs if you know what products are advantageous to replace them. These include the following combinations:
- 2 tbsp of oat flakes + 2 tbsp of water, the flakes should be soaked in water and then added to the batter;
- 1 tbsp of soda + 1 tbsp of sour cream or kefir, mix everything until smooth and add to the dough;
- 1 tbsp potato starch + 1 tbsp sour cream (vegetable oil) + 1 tbsp water, mix thoroughly, and add to the dough.
You can also replace the egg with bananas if you happen to have them on hand. Half a ripe banana will be enough, which you need to grind with a blender or fork, add the baking powder (at the tip of a knife), and add all this mixture to the dough.
What can be added to minced meat instead of eggs – recommendations
Eggs in minced meat are needed so that the mass does not disintegrate when frying, but holds its shape well. Other products can also cope with this task:
- wheat flour;
- mashed potatoes;
- raw potatoes grated on a grater;
- White bread soaked in water or milk;
- Corn or potato starch;
- soy or chickpea flour;
- oat flakes;
- Round-cooked rice.
If you are also wondering what product can replace eggs in the diet in principle, it is, of course, tofu cheese, and Adygean cheese. The texture of these cheeses is close to the egg protein, so, you will not feel the difference.
To make, for example, meringue, which requires whipped whites, boil chickpeas and use this liquid – it has a neutral flavor and aroma and is whipped no worse than the chicken egg we are used to.