Is your stomach always giving you discomfort? Mucus fasting can do your stomach good. It may sound a bit disgusting, but it keeps your stomach healthy in the long term. This is how the fasting variant works.
In classical fasting, one completely abstains from food for a period of time after the intestines have been completely emptied with Glauber’s salt. This is to detoxify the body. In addition, the digestive organs can take a break and recover.
If you suffer from gastrointestinal problems, one fasting variant, in particular, could provide relief: so-called mucus fasting – sounds disgusting at first, but it’s not.
How does mucus fasting work?
Don’t worry: “mucilage” only means a porridge made of flaxseed, which you mainly eat during this fasting variant. Alternatively, you can also prepare oat, rice, or buckwheat gruel.
Mucus fasting consists of three phases: Relief phase, fasting phase, and build-up phase.
It is important that you drink plenty of fluids every day during the entire duration of the mucus fast. Every day you should drink at least 2.5 liters of water or unsweetened herbal tea.
How long does mucus fasting last?
You should not do mucus fasting for more than ten days.
This is the recommended schedule:
Relief phase on days 1 and 2.
The first two days of mucus fasting start with a relief phase. These dishes end up on your plate:
- Morning: you cook 50 grams of porridge, for example with cinnamon and grated apple.
- Noon: 50 grams of brown rice or millet with 200 grams of vegetables on the plan.
- Evening: Vegetable potato soup.
Fasting phase on days 3 to 7
The fasting phase begins on the third day.
- Morning: In the morning you should luxate with Glauber or Epsom salts. Be sure to drink plenty of water – preferably a liter of peppermint tea. You also eat a slime of your choice.
- At lunchtime: Flaxseed, oat, or buckwheat gruel is also recommended.
- In the evening: drink the vegetable broth.
Build-up phase on days 8 to 10
The last days of mucus fasting form the so-called build-up phase.
- On the eighth day, you prepare an apple raw or steamed in the morning, have a vegetable-potato soup at noon, and brown rice or millet with vegetables and herbs in the evening.
- On days 9 and 10 you eat a porridge of 50 grams of oats, with an apple or 100 grams of berries and cinnamon in the morning. At lunch, you have a colorful salad or potatoes with vegetables of your choice, with a tablespoon of olive oil. In the evening the menu includes a vegetable soup.
Recipe for flax seed gruel
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 250 ml water
- Boil for five minutes or let stand longer in hot boiled water and stir.
Recipe for vegetable broth
- Various vegetables, e.g. 1 potato, 1 carrot, some celery (bulb or stalk), a piece of leek, possibly some onion, and a clove of garlic
- herbs and spices to taste, fresh or dried
- a pinch of salt
- 300 ml of water
- Wash, clean and chop the vegetables and boil them in the water for about 15 minutes.
- Then strain the vegetables and drink the clear broth.
- On the build-up days, you can prepare the vegetables as a soup and eat them (e.g. puree them).
For whom is mucus fasting suitable?
Mucus fasting is especially good if you don’t want to go without food completely, but still want to effect a detoxification and purification process.
A disadvantage of this fasting variant is that the various mucus preparations are not exactly a special taste experience.
The positive is that – differently than with the classical welfare chamfering – the body with coal hydrates and proteins acts supplied and therefore hardly at lack suffers and also no muscles loses. In return, however, somewhat fewer detoxification and purification processes take place than with classical fasting.
Mucus fasting is particularly useful for people with stomach problems because the digestive organs and their damaged mucous membranes are protected by the mucus.
Attention: In principle, a chamfering cure should be always discussed with a physician or a physician. People with pre-existing conditions should seek medical advice when fasting.