Zucchini – the vegetable is so poisonous and dangerous
Vegetables are generally healthy and zucchini is no exception. Therefore, zucchini is also often used in the kitchen.
- Normally zucchini has a very mild taste. If you notice that the zucchini tastes bitter, you should definitely not eat it.
- Especially with home-grown vegetables, it can happen that the vegetables contain the poisonous cucurbitacin.
- In the case of zucchini that you can buy commercially, the cucurbitacin is usually cultivated. The risk of acquiring poisonous zucchini is therefore very low.
- If you feel nauseous or have severe diarrhea after eating zucchini, consult a doctor immediately.
- However, you must have eaten quite a lot of poisonous zucchini before it becomes really dangerous for you. But then it could also be life-threatening, especially if you are already in poor health.