Chili con carne:
- 250 g Beef meat
- 100 g 1 Onion
- 2 piece Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 225 g drained weight 1 can of kidney beans
- 140 g drained weight 1 can of sun corn
- 400 g capacity 1 can of tomatoes finely chopped
- 50 g Spring onions
- 600 ml Cold water
- 50 g capacity 1 bag of Fix Chili con Carne
- 1 tbsp Sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sambal oelek
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 6 tbsp Cooking cream
Jacket potatoes: (For 2 people!)
- 400 g Waxy potatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Whole caraway seeds
- Sour cream
Chili con carne:
- Peel and dice the onion. Peel and finely dice the garlic cloves. Wash the kidney beans in a kitchen sieve with cold water and let them drain well. Drain the suntan corn well in a kitchen sieve. Clean, wash and cut the spring onions into rings. Heat sunflower oil (2 tbsp) in a pan and fry the beef in it until crumbly. Add the onion cubes and garlic clove cubes and sauté / stir fry. Pour in the cold water (600 ml) and stir in Fix Chili con Carne. Add the kidney beans, sun corn, finely chopped tomatoes and spring onion rings. Season with sweet soy sauce (1 tbsp), sambal oelek (1 teaspoon) and sugar (1 teaspoon) and stir in the cooking cream (6 tbsp). Let everything cook until the liquid has boiled off.
- Wash the potatoes, cook in salted water (1 teaspoon salt), ground turmeric (1 teaspoon) and whole caraway (1 teaspoon) for about 20 minutes, drain and peel off.
- Serve chili con carne with jacket potatoes and a strong dollop of sour cream.
- You can also add other types of vegetables / leftovers to the chili con carne. E.g .: carrots, chilli peppers, red, yellow, green or orange peppers, zucchini, frozen peas, aubergines, beans, celery, parsnips ... Serve the rest of the chili con carne in the evening with farmhouse bread.