The cucumber diet is an excellent weight loss method that makes it easy to save calories. This is how the diet works.
Cucumbers are the lowest calorie food and at the same time, they are healthy. The cucumber diet is therefore ideal for shedding a few pounds. With these tips, the weight loss method is effective and at the same time good for the body.
Why are cucumbers good for losing weight?
A cucumber contains only 12 calories per 100 grams. And best of all: Despite the low-calorie content, cucumbers are filling. Therefore, low-calorie food is perfect for a diet. The leader among low-calorie foods contains important ingredients:
- Lots of water: The high water content helps the body to detoxify.
- Important nutrients: Cucumbers contain important vitamins, trace elements, and minerals. This prevents deficiency symptoms that quickly occur with other diets.
- Digestive enzyme: Cucumbers contain the enzyme pepsin. This is important for breaking down proteins and therefore helps the body with the digestion process.
What does a cucumber diet plan look like?
In contrast to many other forms of dieting, which quickly become monotonous, the cucumber diet has several variants to choose from. It is advisable to combine these. This ensures variety on the table and helps to keep up the weight loss variant.
There are four forms of the cucumber diet:
- Cucumber as an accompaniment: Instead of rice or potatoes, this diet option has a fresh cucumber salad on the table.
- Cucumber juice for breakfast or between meals: Simply put cucumbers in a juicer and drink the juice instead for breakfast or as a snack between meals. The less flavorful alternative: simply add some cucumber to still water.
- Cucumber slices before eating: If you eat a few slices of cucumber before a meal, you won’t be as hungry afterward and will therefore eat less.
- Cucumber pieces against cravings: If you get cravings in between, it’s better to grab cucumbers than sweets.
Make sure you eat a balanced diet during the cucumber diet
Even though cucumbers are healthy and contain many nutrients, it is important to ensure a balanced diet during diet. Otherwise, there may be deficiency symptoms.
However, it is recommended to integrate cucumbers into the diet in the long term. The low-calorie and healthy vegetables are ideal as a snack between meals – and that is also outside of the cucumber diet.