Drinking turmeric water is often cited as a miracle cure for health. In this health tip, you will find out what it is all about and how you can include turmeric water in your diet as a home remedy.
Drink turmeric water – it’s good for that
Drinking turmeric water is an easy way to take advantage of the health-promoting compounds found in turmeric root.
- The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. This is a secondary plant substance.
- A secondary plant substance is an ingredient in plants that serve as a defense against predators and regulates growth. It also gives the plant its color.
- Curcumin promotes digestion and also wound healing.
- The anti-inflammatory effect of curcumin has been proven. Turmeric can therefore also have a positive effect on chronic intestinal inflammation such as ulcerative colitis.
- If you suffer from a sore throat, you can use the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric water by gargling with it.
- Since turmeric also helps with weight loss, support your weight loss project with turmeric water.
How to prepare turmeric water
Preparing turmeric water is very simple.
- To do this, dissolve one teaspoon of turmeric powder in four cups of water. Tip: The powder dissolves better in lukewarm water.
- Curcumin is fat soluble. In order to able to benefit from the positive effect of the turmeric root, which can be easily peeled, you have to add a few drops of cooking oil.
- The taste of pure turmeric is not for everyone. Turmeric has a slightly bitter aftertaste.
- The drink tastes better if you stir in a little lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey.