For the marinade:
- 6 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 30 g Diced ginger, fresh or frozen
- 20 g Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 4 small Chillies, green, (cabe rawit hijau)
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, sweet, (kecap manis)
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, salty, (kecap asin)
- 3 tbsp Spring roll sauce, Thailand (see note)
For the broth:
- 1 liter Coconut water
- 4 Nectarines, ripe
- 4 medium sized Tomatoes, fully ripe
- 20 g Galangal slices, fresh or frozen
- 2 Rods Lemongrass, fresh
- 2 Cinnamon sticks, approx. 6 cm
- 8 Cloves
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Salam leaves
- 20 g Celery leaves, fresh or frozen
- 10 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 200 ml Coconut milk, creamy (24% fat)
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Salt and pepper, black from the mill, to taste
- 3 tbsp Tomato slices, red
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds, white
- 3 tbsp Celery leaves, fresh
- For the marinade, peel the ginger and garlic and cut into small cubes. Wash the green chillies and cut into thin rings. Leave the grains in place, discard the stem. Mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the beef into 3 cm cubes and marinate for at least 2 hours at room temperature.
Fry the meat:
- Strain the marinated beef and use all the ingredients in the marinade for the broth. Sear the meat cubes in 3 portions with 2 tablespoons each of sunflower oil in the wok and place with the oil and the grains attached in a 3 liter casserole (with lid). Rinse the wok with the coconut water and pour the rinse water over the beef.
Off to the casserole:
- Wash, core and chop the nectarines and tomatoes. Wash, peel and cut the galangal into thin slices. Weigh and thaw frozen goods. Chop the slices into small pieces. Wash the fresh lemongrass, remove the hard stalk at the bottom, remove the brown and withered leaves and only use the white or light green parts. Cut this into thin slices. Remove the outer, green leaves if necessary. Weigh and thaw frozen goods. Put everything in the casserole along with the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 3 hours with the lid on. Stir every now and then. Then let it simmer without the lid and thicken the sauce until it is creamy. Mix the coconut milk with the lemon juice and stir into the curry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish and Serve:
- Put the finished beef curry in a serving bowl and serve with white basmati rice or colored noodles.
- The photo shows the curry as part of a menu plate. You can easily make the spring roll sauce yourself, see: Sambal Bangkok ala Siu