Freeze liver – you should know that
The liver is a very delicate offal that spoils quickly. It should therefore be processed quickly or preserved by freezing. We explain how to do it right.
- Only freeze raw liver.
- Use fresh, clean freezer bags.
- Keep the liver in the freezer for a maximum of six months.
- Skin the liver and remove all tendons.
- Beef liver should be soaked in milk for an hour before freezing. It then tastes less strong.
- Always thaw the liver in the refrigerator.
- The defrosted liver is slightly harder than fresh and is particularly good for liver dumplings and liver pies.
- If you want to use the liver for escalopes, cut them up before freezing and wrap them individually. Then you can easily remove individual pieces.
- Once thawed, do not refreeze the liver.