Determine fake cheese with the microwave in 5 minutes. Cheese is one of the most commonly counterfeited food products. Very often palm oil and other cheap fats are added to make it cheaper. This product not only tastes worse but can be harmful to health. Even the high cost does not always protect against counterfeits.
How to distinguish fake cheese in the microwave
You can recognize fake cheese by heating a small piece on a plate in the microwave. If the cheese becomes sticky when heated, it is a quality product.
Counterfeit under the influence of temperature spreads and is covered with small bubbles, and after cooling it becomes crispy. When heated, the added vegetable oil flows out of the fake.
How to determine the quality of cheese in the store and at home
- Pay attention to the price. There is no way real cheese costs less than 100 USD per kg because it’s below production cost.
- Press the product with your fingers. If it leaks liquid – the cheese is of poor quality.
- The cut of real cheese should be flat and without cracks.
- If possible, taste the cheese. The fake product feels dry and their taste is quickly forgotten. The taste of real cheese holds in your mouth for several minutes.
- Leave the cheese in the refrigerator for a few days. The fake will turn yellow and harden on the surface. If vegetable oil was added to the cheese, it will drip on the surface. Real cheese can be kept in the refrigerator for several months without changing the structure.