Yeast is not unhealthy – on the contrary
If you take a closer look at what is in yeast, you will know how healthy the food is.
- Baker’s yeast consists of an industrially produced fungus.
- However, there are a lot of nutrients in yeast. In addition to sodium, yeast contains a good dose of potassium. Zinc and iron are also found in food.
- The baking ingredient is a good source of high-quality protein.
- The food is rich in a wide variety of vitamins. The B group in particular is represented with B1, B2, B5, B6, and niacin.
- Other vitamins from the vitamin B group are folic acid and biotin.
Yeast good for health
The ingredients of yeast have a variety of positive effects on the body.
- Potassium is important for strong bones and healthy teeth. The magnesium in yeast is good for the muscles.
- The protein in the yeast makes the food valuable for a vegan diet.
- The B vitamins not only ensure healthy nerves and beautiful hair and nails. They are also important for various metabolic functions.
- You can find out whether yeast extract is harmful in our next article.