How to freeze buttercream
If you keep a few points in mind, freezing buttercream is no problem.
- If you have leftover buttercream, you can freeze it.
- Plastic freezer boxes that can be closed airtight are best.
- Thaw the cream slowly in the refrigerator.
- Then whip the cream again.
How to freeze buttercream cake
If you still have some buttercream cakes left, you can also put them in the freezer.
- First, cut the cake into pieces.
- Wrap the individual pieces of cake in cling film and then place them in airtight freezer containers.
- Remove the slices of cake from the foil packaging before defrosting.
- It is best to thaw the pieces in the refrigerator as well.
- Incidentally, your frozen buttercream will keep for up to 6 months.