Delicious Lava Cake Muffins make the heart of every chocolate lover beat faster. In this practical tip, we present an irresistible recipe that is not only suitable for baking professionals, but also for interested beginners.
Lava Cake Muffins – the ingredients
Lava muffins are special because of their liquid chocolate core that flows out of the muffin like lava. For this easy recipe you will need:
- 35 grams of flour
- 230 g dark chocolate
- 100 grams of sugar
- 110g softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- a pinch of salt
You will also need a muffin tin and some butter (grease) and cocoa powder.
If you have all the ingredients together, you can start.
- Lava cakes are placed in the oven at a high temperature for a comparatively short time. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees top and bottom heat before you start baking.
- Melt the chocolate together with the butter over a water bath. Let the melted mass cool down a bit until it is still slightly warm but no longer hot.
- Now mix the dry ingredients, i.e. flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and salt in a bowl. Gradually add the eggs and then the chocolate butter mixture and mix the batter with a kitchen implement.
- Grease the muffin tin with some butter and sprinkle cocoa powder on the butter layer. This makes it easier to release the lava muffins after baking. Divide the batter evenly among 12 ramekins.
- Place the muffins in the oven on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Then let them cool briefly and serve the muffins warm on a plate with a little powdered sugar. When eaten, the center of the muffin will still appear slightly runny.