Ingredients for homemade apple cider vinegar
Making apple cider vinegar is tedious and requires a lot of patience. However, adding sugar can speed this up. You need the following ingredients:
- Organic apples or leftovers
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 large fermentation vessel (1 – 2 liter capacity)
- Clean towels
Instructions: How to make apple cider vinegar
Check out this step-by-step guide on how to make your apple cider vinegar:
- Clean out your jar so you can ferment the apples there.
- Put the apples cut into pieces and, if necessary, the sugar in the container.
- Fill the container with water, the apples should be sufficiently covered with water.
- Cover the jar with a cloth. However, this should be permeable to air, otherwise, there is a risk of mold forming.
- Stir the mixture regularly. Foaming will occur, but this is normal.
- As soon as the smell of vinegar forms, the next step can begin. Pour off the vinegar through a new cloth.
- This is the case after about two weeks without sugar and a little earlier with sugar.
- Cover the mixture with a third, clean cloth and leave to ferment for four to six weeks.
- Your apple cider vinegar is now ready. Drain again through a clean cloth and bottle.