Make fig mustard yourself – you need that for the recipe
Fig mustard goes well with soft cheese and is a classic in combination with goat cheese. You don’t need many ingredients for your fig mustard.
- Of course, most of all you need figs. These should definitely be ripe. Have about 300g of the fruit ready.
- The fruits are sweet, but there are 100g of brown sugar in the mustard.
- Since you’re making mustard, you’ll need one to two tablespoons of powdered mustard.
- The mustard gets its special touch from four tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- In addition, the mustard preparation requires some water and salt and pepper for seasoning.
- To fill the finished mustard, you should have a couple of clean screw-top jars ready.
How to make your own fig mustard
Once you have all the ingredients, you can get started.
- First, wash the figs thoroughly and then roughly chop the fruit. Then puree the fruit in the blender, adding three tablespoons of water.
- Boil the sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan and then stir in the pureed figs. Then turn the heat down a bit so the mush can simmer over low heat for about ten minutes.
- During this cooking time, stir in another five tablespoons of water and the mustard powder.
- Now the fig mustard has to simmer for about five more minutes at low temperature.
- You can then fill the jars with your homemade fig mustard and seal them.