Make your own noodles – it’s that easy
If you generally make sure that the ingredients in your diet are as fresh as possible, you can also simply make noodles yourself. The dough is not difficult to prepare and you only need a few ingredients.
- If you want to make 500 grams of pasta yourself, you need 500 grams of flour. Durum wheat flour is best, but other types of flour such as type 405 and 550 are also suitable.
- For our pasta recipe with eggs, you also need five more eggs. A teaspoon of salt and four tablespoons of good olive oil are also added to the dough.
- Knead all the ingredients in a large bowl to form an even dough. It takes less effort if you use a hand mixer with a dough hook.
- After that, however, the dough still has to be kneaded well with your hands. You can easily tell when the dough is ready. On the one hand, the flat dough then has a nice shine. On the other hand, it detaches itself from the base without sticking to it.
- Now the dough has to rest. To do this, form a ball from the dough and wrap it in cling film. Put the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- After this resting period, dust the work surface with flour and then roll out the dough thinly. This is also how you determine the thickness of the pasta you want to make.
- If you want to make tagliatelle, cut the rolled-out dough into strips of the desired width. It’s even easier with a pasta machine. Then all you have to do is portion the dough accordingly and turn it through the pasta machine.
- Tip: Run the dough through the pasta machine several times, starting with a large gap between the rollers. With each new pass, you then reduce the roller gap until you reach the desired thickness of the noodle.
Pasta recipe without egg
For vegans, we also have a pasta recipe idea without eggs. You can also cook this recipe quickly and easily.
- Put 250 grams each of wheat flour type 405 and durum wheat semolina in a bowl and mix these two ingredients thoroughly.
- Add a good pinch of salt and 300 milliliters of cold water.
- Knead this dough until it is smooth. In the end, the dough mass is again well kneaded by hand.
- Then form a ball out of the dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest. This dough takes a little longer. So set it aside for about an hour.
- Then proceed as described for the other pasta dough. So roll out the dough and cut it to the desired width or run it through the pasta machine.
Tips and tricks for homemade pasta
If you cook freshly made noodles, they will cook quickly. After three to five minutes of boiling salted water, the noodles are ready. Try whether the noodles have reached the bite you want.
- By the way, you can use a simple trick to prevent the homemade pasta from sticking together after cooking: Make sure that the dough is cool before rolling it out or using the pasta machine.
- Do not scare the noodles after cooking. You can, however, sprinkle a tiny bit of olive oil over the finished pasta. Even then they don’t stick.
- You can also make homemade noodles in advance.
- If you do not prepare the pasta right away, you can also dry the pasta. To do this, hang the individual noodles at a certain distance from each other over a piece of thin wood.
- Wooden spoons are good for this. If you want to dry a larger amount of pasta, you can either use a special pasta dryer or simply use the drying rack.
- If the noodles are really dry and hard, pack them airtight and in the dark. Stored cool and dry, the noodles will keep for up to a year.
- If you want to make colorful pasta yourself, add some spinach or beetroot juice to the dough.