Recipes with mangoes are not only delicious but also very healthy. Because the fruit is rich in valuable vitamins and minerals. It can now be bought in every supermarket. Whether savory, sweet, or as a drink – we’ll tell you three delicious recipes to cook at home.
Recipes with mangoes to drink – the mango lassi is particularly popular
Mango lassi is a must when visiting an Indian restaurant. The popular yogurt drink is refreshing, tastes exotic, and can be made in just a few simple steps. That’s how it’s done:
- Ingredients for two glasses: 1 ripe mango, 300 grams of yogurt with 3.5 percent fat, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 pinch of cardamom.
- Preparation: Peel the mango and cut the flesh from the stone. Chop the mango into rough chunks.
- Place the mango, yogurt, honey, and cardamom in a bowl. Puree everything with a blender or blender until a liquid, creamy consistency is achieved.
- Put the drink in the fridge for at least an hour. Then pour it into two glasses and serve the drink.
- A mango lassi tastes particularly good with spicy Indian food. The high-fat content reduces the spiciness of the dish and makes it easier to digest.
- Tip: On hot summer days, the drink is a particularly good way to cool down if you add six ice cubes to the mix.
Curry with mango and chicken
Curry is a classic in Indian cuisine and tastes particularly good with mango. For our latitudes, this dish is toned down. If you like it spicy, just add chili pods, rings, or powder as you like.
- Ingredients for two servings: 400 grams of chicken breast fillet, 1 mango, 200 grams of yogurt, 3 tomatoes, 1 bunch of spring onions, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, salt, pepper.
- Preparation: Cut the chicken breast fillet into 3 cm pieces. Wash the spring onions and chop them into fine rings. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Peel the garlic and crush it with a press.
- Put the oil in a pan and brown the meat in it over medium heat. Take out the meat. Now fry the garlic and spring onions in the same pan. Add turmeric and cumin and stir well.
- After a good five minutes, add the tomato pieces and the yogurt. Let everything boil down to a creamy sauce.
- Peel the mango, remove the stone from the flesh and cut it into chunks. Flatten the pieces with a fork or blend them briefly in a blender. Add the mango puree and chicken pieces to the sauce and simmer for a good ten minutes. Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip: Basmati rice and naan bread go well with this.
Works without baking: mango cream cheesecake
Mango gives this cream cheese cake a summery touch. You don’t need an oven for this, just some time. In order for the cake to firm up nicely, it is best to leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Ingredients for a springform pan: 150 grams of ladyfingers or butter biscuits, 125 grams of butter, 600 grams of double cream cheese, 300 grams of mango yogurt (alternatively passion fruit yogurt), 250 grams of mango, 150 milliliters of mango juice, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 6 leaves of gelatine, 75 grams of sugar, baking paper.
- Preparation: Place baking paper on the bottom of the springform pan. Melt the butter. Crumble the biscuits. Either put the biscuits in a freezer bag and use the rolling pin to crush them. Or they use a blender, which makes the pieces particularly fine.
- Thoroughly mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press the mixture into the springform pan and use a spoon to press the mixture smooth and firm.
- Mix the cream cheese with mango yogurt and lemon juice.
- Soak the gelatin in water. Squeeze the leaves and put them in a saucepan. Add the mango juice and sugar.
- Heat while stirring until the gelatin dissolves. Let everything cool down a bit. Set aside 50 milliliters of the liquid.
- Now stir the rest of the liquid into the cream cheese cream with the hand mixer. Peel the mango and cut it into small pieces. Put the pieces in the cream. Fill the mixture into the springform pan and put it in the fridge.
- After two hours, take the 50 milliliters of liquid and briefly heat it up again if it has already become too solid. Then put them on the cake as a fruit topping. Put the cake back in the fridge – preferably overnight.