Marshmallow root tea and its effects are certainly not as well known as the classic types of tea. We will introduce you to this tea in more detail and show you how it can be used.
Effect of marshmallow root tea
The valuable active ingredients are contained in the leaves and a particularly high concentration in the roots of the marshmallow.
- The positive effect of marshmallow root on your health lies in the mucilage that the plant contains.
- When drinking marshmallow root tea, these mucilages protect the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat as well as the throat and stomach.
The tea is versatile
- The mucilage in the tea not only protects mucous membranes, but they also relieve inflammation in these areas.
- If you have a cold and are struggling to cough, the mucous membranes in your throat are irritated. Here the tea relieves the symptoms and facilitates dry expectoration. The drink also helps with hoarseness.
- If you have stomach problems and are plagued by heartburn, the tea will also help – but it does not eliminate the cause, it only alleviates the symptoms.
- You can alleviate pain from gingivitis or other lesions in the mouth by using the tea as a mouthwash.