With a vegan Kaiserschmarrn, you will delight your small and big gourmets just as effortlessly as with the “conventional” dessert. And the best thing about it: The vegan Kaiserschmarrn is at least as easy and quick to prepare as the non-vegan version.
Vegan Kaiserschmarrn – that goes in the desert
A Kaiserschmarrn is prepared quickly and you only need a few ingredients for the dessert. In addition, you can never go wrong with a Kaiserschmarrn: the dessert is just as popular with the little ones as it is with the big connoisseurs.
- When preparing a vegan Kaiserschmarrn, the ingredients milk, eggs, and butter are of course omitted. But that is not a problem at all and does not detract from the good taste. If you’re entertaining non-vegans, just don’t tell them it’s vegan Kaiserschmarrn – they won’t notice on their own.
- What you need for the Kaiserschmarrn is milk. However, there are numerous alternatives to animal milk, such as soy, oat, or almond milk. According to EU regulations, the term milk cannot be used for plant-based products. For this reason, vegan milk is referred to as a “drink” in the trade. However, since the term milk has become common colloquially, we will stick with this term.
- You can now get vegan milk in every discounter. Producing them yourself is not a big problem either. It is particularly easy to make your oat milk, which also has the advantage of being quite inexpensive. The production of soy milk, on the other hand, is much more complex and homemade almond milk is a bit more expensive.
Kaiserschmarrn – this is how the vegan dessert succeeds
In addition to vegan milk, you also need flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, icing sugar, and some oil as the basic substance for the dessert. You have various options to refine the vegan Kaiserschmarrn. Ultimately, you can serve it in endless combinations – just let your creativity run wild.
- For one portion you calculate about 190 milliliters of vegan milk, 100 grams of flour, two tablespoons of sugar, ¼ packet of baking powder and ¼ packet of vanilla sugar, two tablespoons of oil for the dough, and some oil for the pan.
- The ingredients are placed in a bowl and mixed into a smooth dough. Then heat the oil in the pan and add the batter.
- Let the dough set over medium heat so that you can turn it once. When the dough is done, break it up into individual pieces.
- As soon as the vegan Kaiserschmarrn is golden brown to crispy, it is dusted with powdered sugar and served.
- With rum raisins, almond sticks, and cinnamon you create a delicious winter Kaiserschmarrn. Vegan Kaiserschmarren with applesauce or small pieces of apple and vanilla sauce is also delicious. In summer, the vegan dessert is often served in combination with fruits, such as refreshing berries or cherries with kirsch.