The Paleo diet is a type of diet that is based on the diet of the Paleolithic period. In this article, you will find five breakfast ideas for the “Stone Age diet”.
Paleo diet: breakfast idea with coconut and chia pudding
This recipe is not only super quick to make, but also healthy. Chia seeds are good for your digestive system.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 200ml of water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.5 tsp vanilla powder
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 60 g chia seeds
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
Keep in mind that the pudding needs to be set in the fridge overnight.
- Mix the coconut milk with water and honey.
- Then stir in the vanilla powder, lime zest, and chia seeds until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a glass or mug and let it set in the fridge overnight.
- Scatter the blueberries over the pudding just before eating.
Gluten-free crêpes for Paleo breakfast
The wafer-thin crêpes are perfect for a lazy morning. Ingredients for 8 pieces:
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pinch of salt and vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
The first crepe will never be perfect, but practice makes perfect.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them with a whisk until fluffy.
- Add coconut milk, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, and salt, and mix well.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and spread about 2 tablespoons of batter in the pan, starting from the center.
- Place the lid on the pan and let it cook for about a minute until the crepe comes off easily. Turn the crêpe over and fry the other side as well.
- Let the batter cook gradually, adding more coconut oil as needed.
Chestnut bread for a hearty but sweet awakening
The dough works completely without eggs or fat. The taste of the bread is slightly sweet, but at the same time, it gets a pleasantly hearty note from the chestnut flour. Ingredients for a loaf.
- 500 grams of chestnut flour
- 70 g sunflower seeds
- 150 grams of walnuts
- 140 grams of raisins
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp ghee or pasture butter
- fresh rosemary
Allow a little more time for this recipe.
- Soak the nuts and sunflower seeds in water for 4-5 hours. Then strain the water. Also, soak the raisins – for 1.5 hours in 700-800 ml of water. Important: keep the raisin water after straining.
- Preheat the oven to approx. 175 degrees. Grease a loaf tin with ghee or pasture butter.
- Put the chestnut flour in a mixing bowl and gradually add the raisin water and mix to form a smooth batter.
Then add honey and salt as needed.
- Remove the leaves from 1-2 rosemary and chop them finely. Mix into the batter to taste.
- Also, chop walnuts and sunflower seeds and mix them with the raisins. Stir 2/3 of the mixture into the batter. Reserve about 1/3 of the mixture. Then pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake bread at 175 degrees for 20 minutes. Then spread the rest of the raisin-nut mixture on the bread.
- Drizzle ghee or melted butter on top. Then put it in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- When the topping is nice and crispy brown, you can take the cake out of the oven and let it cool.
Avocado Smoothie Bowl for a hip breakfast
The ingredient beetroot gives the bowl a bright red color. Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 avocado
- 1 beetroot (pre-cooked)
- 1 pear
- 100 ml almond milk
You need a hand blender for this.
- Halve the avocado and remove the stone. Scoop out the pulp.
- Wash the pear and remove the core. Roughly dice.
- Blend the pre-cooked beetroot, avocado, pear, and almond milk into a smooth paste using an immersion blender. The bowl is ready!
Golden milk to start the day
Try the new trendy drink. Ingredients for 2 people.
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 pieces of turmeric
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground clove and pepper
- 2 tsp honey
Again, you need the hand blender.
- Peel the ginger and turmeric and roughly chop both.
- Put the coconut and almond milk in a saucepan.
- Add ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Mix everything and heat for 5 minutes.
- Blend everything and divide the drink between two glasses. Sprinkle with fresh pepper and sweeten with honey to taste.