- 1 Pomegranate
- 3 small Eggs
- 100 g Sugar
- 50 g Butter
- 1 Tonka beans, finely grated, to be bought at well-stocked spice stands
- 300 g Quark
- 3 tbsp Wheat flour
- 1,5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinammon
- 3 tbsp Coconut flakes
Aside from that:
- 12 Paper cases for muffins / muffin tin
- Possibly some powdered or vanilla sugar to sprinkle the finished cakes
- Halve the pomegranate and carefully peel out the seeds (this is best done with the help of a spoon handle), collecting 2 tablespoons of the juice. Drain the pomegranate seeds well. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (top and bottom heat). Beat the eggs, sugar, softened butter and tonka bean zest with a hand mixer for about five minutes until frothy.
- Add quark, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut flakes and the 2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice and stir everything for another five minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Carefully stir the pomegranate seeds into the batter with the help of a spoon (I put a remainder aside for garnish).
- Place the paper cases in the hollows of a muffin tin (this saves you greasing) and fill approx. 3/4 with the batter. Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until the cheesecakes are lightly browned. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely on a wire rack. Before serving, dust with vanilla or powdered sugar to taste and garnish with the remaining pomegranate seeds.
- Not only with coffee, also taste great as a dessert. Have fun baking and trying!
Serving: 100gCalories: 482kcalCarbohydrates: 52.9gProtein: 4.5gFat: 28.2g