- 1200 g Roast chicken fresh
- 4 L Water
- 3 tbsp Sea salt
- 2 Onions
- 10 Black peppercorns
- 5 Allspice grains
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 Carrots
- 2 Leek
- 0,5 Celery bulb
- 10 Fresh mushrooms
- 1 Parsnip fresh
- 1 Parsley root
Spices and herbs to go with it:
- 1 tbsp Lovage
- 2 tbsp Organic vegetable broth
- I use homemade granulated broth
- 2 tbsp Celery leaves
- 2 tbsp Chopped parsley until smooth
- Rinse the chicken with cold water and add it to the pan with the cold water. Put the salt also in the water and the plate on a small switch.
- Peel the onions and cut into wider slices. Heat a coated pan and roast the onion slices vigorously on both sides, they can get relatively dark, they are then added to the chicken in the broth and give a good color.
- If the other spices are also used, then press the grains lightly with a wide knife, possibly also in a mortar, depending on your own hands and the bay leaf. The spices that may be used must, however, not necessarily be added to my taste.
- Let the chicken simmer for about 60 minutes. While cooking, always remove the foam that forms when simmering. This can be done with a slotted spoon or with kitchen towels.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables, peel the carrots and cut them into not too small pieces, peel the celery and also dice relatively large, wash the leek, then cut into larger pieces, remove the stems from the mushrooms, clean them and put them ready.
- The chicken has now done half of its cooking time, so after about 60 minutes, now add the dried lovage and the vegetables to the chicken in the pot, then turn the chicken once and simmer for another hour.
- The broth is ready. Now pour everything through a sieve, then free the meat from the skin, bones and cartilage, I no longer have to cut the meat into small pieces, it is so soft that it can be plucked into bite-sized pieces, cut the vegetables into appetizing bites and Put everything back into the meanwhile cleaned pot or a new pot together with the chicken stock.
- With the granular broth, has almost the same vegetable content as the broth, season to your own taste. It is important that the granular broth is only added after it has been boiled, because if it simmered for longer it can easily develop a bitter taste.
- As a garnish, add the celery leaves that have not been cut too small and possibly the smooth, coarsely chopped parsley into the broth just before serving ...
- Here is the link to my self-made grained broth from lunapiena: Spice mixes: grained vegetable broth
- Always delicious and works without any artificial flavor enhancers ...
- The two large breast pieces always come in a cream / chicken stock sauce with peas, carrots, beans and possibly mushrooms, so as a separate dish ...
- I cannot guarantee the nutritional values and calories given in the recipe ... not all of the ingredients I have used are included in the list of ingredients and I have no knowledge of which units of measure are entered for the correct calculation ...
Serving: 100gCalories: 38kcalCarbohydrates: 0.1gProtein: 4.5gFat: 2.1g