- 11 g Dry yeast
- 100 g Sugar
- 1,5 tsp Salt
- 5 Eggs size M.
- 300 g Yogurt 1.5%
- Flour for rolling
- 80 g Butter soft to runny
- 12 tbsp Brown sugar
- 10 tbsp Cinnamon sugar
- 5 Tbsp easy. Ground almonds in the shell
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Water cold
- Granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 35 °. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Knead in the eggs until a dry mass is formed. Then add yoghurt and knead everything with the dough hook of the hand mixer until the dough turns smoothly away from the bowl wall. Close the bowl and place it in the warm oven for 1 hour.
- Let the butter become very slightly liquid and prepare it with all the other ingredients for the filling. Line the tray and a mat with baking foil or paper. Whisk egg yolks with water.
- Put the rather sticky dough on the well-floured work surface and turn it with a spatula only several times in flour until it no longer sticks. But don't knead anymore. then cut off 3 portions of approx. 40 - 45 g and roll them out in an oval 15 x 8 cm.
- For the first 6 balls, coat the first layer thickly with butter and spread a tablespoon of brown sugar over it. Put the 2nd layer on top, brush it too and sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar. Put the 3rd layer on top and then plate the oval sheet of dough slightly larger with the flat of your hand and press it down gently. Then cut 2 x lengthways up to 1 cm in front of the upper curve. The resulting 3 strands of dough are woven into a braid (place the left one over the middle one, which is then in the middle. Then place the right one over the middle one, which then forms the middle. Then again left over the middle, right over the middle etc., until it no longer works and the plait has emerged.) Then roll it up, place it on the baking sheet and brush it thinly with the egg yolk once. 6 blanks fit on a tray, because they need a greater distance, as they still rise strongly when baking. Let the first 6 finished blanks rest until the oven has heated up.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° circulating air. Shortly beforehand, brush the blanks again with the egg yolk and slide the tray into the oven on the 2nd rail from below. The baking time is 20-25 minutes. When using the convection oven, baked goods only get color on one side, so I take the tray out about halfway through the baking time, turn it and push it back in for the rest of the baking time. This gives the sugar balls a beautiful golden brown color all around and caramelises evenly.
- Rolling out the 3 portions of 45 g in an oval shape of 15 x 8 cm remains the same. But then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar on the first layer after brushing with the butter and sprinkle a few raisins on top. After sitting on the second layer, press it on with the palm of your hand, brush it over and spread a light teaspoon of almonds over it. Place the 3rd layer on top, then again - before in front - plate a little with the flat of your hand, cut, braid, roll up and place it on the sheet. Then brush with the egg yolk, let it dry a little, brush again and sprinkle with the sugar.
- The baking time remains the same as with the first version.
- These particles are not made in no time at all, but they are extremely tasty ........ suitable for a festive but also everyday breakfast or for afternoon coffee ....