- 2 Hot peppers, red, long, medium hot
- 3 small Chillies, red
- 3 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 100 g Rice wine vinegar, clear, mild
- 250 g Coconut water
- 160 g Sugar, fine, white
- 5 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp Orange juice
- Wash the peppers and chillies and cut across into pieces approx. 1 cm wide. Leave the grains in place, discard the stem. Grind the pieces in a mortar or chop them well in a cutter (Moulinex or similar). Cap the garlic cloves at both ends, peel and squeeze with a garlic press.
Cooking and binding:
- Put rice wine vinegar, coconut water, sugar and chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil along with the puree from the cutter. Reduce the heat and let simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes. Mix the tapioca flour with the orange juice and mix into the boiling sauce. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and fill into a sterile glass bottle. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator at 5 degrees for about 2 months. Shake briefly before use.
- The sauce is a side dish in many dishes. A dip sauce for spring rolls and a common ingredient in dressing for salads.