When not to peel ginger
Ginger strengthens your immune system. In addition, blood circulation is stimulated and the tuber has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect.
- The healthy ingredients are located directly under the skin, just like with an apple.
- If you remove the shell, the health-promoting effect is lost.
- Ginger does not generally need to be peeled. However, be sure to only buy organic ginger. So you don’t have to worry about pollutants.
- In any case, leave the peel on the bulb if you infuse a cold tea with ginger.
- Whether you peel the ginger when you use it for your meals is therefore up to your personal taste.