First Aid: Tongue burned
- The human tongue is an extremely sensitive organ. This enables the perception of the finest tastes, but can also lead to severe pain.
- If you have burned your tongue, you should cool your tongue as soon as possible. What you use for cooling is secondary at first: the quicker the minor burn is cooled, the less pain there is.
Burned tongue: home remedies for the pain
- In most households, milk is the quickest to hand. Take a sip and hold the milk in your mouth for several seconds.
- A teaspoon of honey is also helpful. The honey not only fights the pain but also has an antibacterial effect. Cold chamomile tea achieves a similar effect.
- Likewise, a tablespoon of ice cream and yogurt will ease the pain. In a pinch, you can also let a stick of butter or margarine melt in your mouth.