You don’t need much for a vegan lentil soup. We will show you which ingredients you need for this delicious meat-free version of the classic lentil soup and how this feel-good dish is prepared.
Vegan lentil soup: the ingredients
Our quantities are four servings.
- 250 grams of brown lentils
- A small onion and four large potatoes
- A bunch of soup vegetables
- 1-liter vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 bay leaves to cook with
- Salt, pepper, and cumin powder (ready-made or ground up yourself)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Once you have all the ingredients together, you can start preparing the delicious, vegan lentil soup.
- First, boil the lentils in plenty of water for about a quarter of an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Clean the soup vegetables and cut them into small cubes together with the onion.
- Drain the pre-cooked lentils in a sieve.
- While the lentils are still draining, add the oil to a large saucepan. Then sauté the soup vegetables and the onion a little.
- Then add the potatoes and deglaze everything with the vegetable broth.
- Add the drained lentils and bay leaves and stir all ingredients. Once the soup is simmering, turn the heat down to low to medium.
- The soup must now simmer for at least 30 minutes. It is ready when the diced potatoes are soft. Remember to stir everything in between.
- Finally, taste the soup with salt and pepper, and cumin before serving the soup.
- Before serving, garnish the soup with chopped parsley and enjoy your vegan lentil soup.