- 1 kilogram Spelt flour
- 330 Milliliters Milk
- 40 g Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 125 g Cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 piece Egg yolk
- 200 g Quark
- 125 g Butter
- 200 g Cream
- Sliced almonds
- Milk for brushing
- Crumble the yeast, add 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 tablespoons warm water. Stir with a plastic spoon until the sugar and yeast have dissolved.
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Sprinkle the salt on the outer edge of the flour.
- Pour the lukewarm yeast mixture into the well. Slowly knead the flour and yeast from the yeast.
- Heat the milk and melt the butter in it.
- Add the remaining ingredients (egg, butter-milk mixture) and mix. Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Then add the cream and quark and knead the dough until it is airy.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth. Let rise in a warm place for about 60 minutes. The dough should have doubled in volume.
- Knead the dough again and put the bowl back in the warm place and let it rise for about 30 minutes. If bubbles have formed in the dough, it can be processed further.
- For the braid, separate three equally sized pieces and roll to a length of approx. 40 cm.
- Place the strands on a tray, connect them together at the top and make a plait.
- Shape Easter bunnies or Easter nests as desired.
- Brush the formed dough with milk and sprinkle with almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees top and bottom heat. Bake on the middle rack for about 30-45 minutes.
Serving: 100gCalories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 43.7gProtein: 5.7gFat: 9.2g