The health benefits of seaweed are well-known to scientists and nutritionists.
Seaweed is very useful for the body and is rich in vitamins. You can eat seaweed from the age of three years – it is an inexpensive and affordable way to get the vitamins characteristic of seafood.
First, let’s name the contraindications to the use of seaweed: it is hyperfunction of the thyroid gland, stomach upset, and a tendency to allergies. Below we will consider in detail why seaweed is useful and why you should eat it more often.
What are the benefits of seaweed: 7 properties for health
- Sea kale is very rich in iodine: only 70 grams of algae cover the daily requirement for iodine. Iodine is necessary for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland and the prevention of endocrine disorders, as well as for the kidneys, heart, brain, and nervous system.
- Laminaria is useful for digestion: it has a laxative effect and a gentle effect on the intestines, helping to clean them. In general, this product greatly facilitates the digestive process and improves intestinal microflora.
- Due to the high content of bromine and B vitamins, seaweed is very useful for the nervous system: it helps to calm down and survive stress more easily, improves performance and memory, and increases the quality of sleep.
- For pregnant women, seaweed is definitely beneficial. It reduces the risk of miscarriage and strengthens the skeleton of the child, enriches breast milk, and prevents hair loss and anemia in the second trimester.
- The benefits of seaweed for the heart and blood vessels are also known. The consumption of seaweed reduces bad cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure, and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis. If you consume this product frequently, extra cholesterol will not be deposited on the walls of blood vessels but will be eliminated from the body.
- With gout and other rheumatic diseases, 2 tablespoons of dried seaweed pour 1 liter of boiling water, and insist overnight in a thermos. Then pour the mixture into a bowl with warm water and dip the sore spot for 15 minutes.
- Seaweed is good for the hormonal system of women and helps prevent diseases of the appendages and uterus. In men, this product improves erection.