Vegan donuts are colorful, look great, and taste delicious to boot. They are quick to prepare and also make a great party favor.
Ingredients For 12 People
You will need:
- 0,5 piece cube of yeast
- 120 g Sugar
- 450 g Whole wheat flour
- 0,5 TSP salt
- 200 ml Oat milk
- 1 TSP. vanilla paste
- 125 g vegan vegetable margarine
- 2,5 l sunflower oil
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 2 TSP. Water
- 50 g Dark chocolate coating
- Some chocolate sprinkles, colored sugar sprinkles, pearls
- Yeast, oat milk. Warm the oat milk and crumble the yeast into the lukewarm milk. Add a tablespoon of sugar and let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes until it starts to foam.
- Flour, salt, sugar, yeast milk, vanilla paste, margarine. Sift the flour into a bowl and sprinkle the salt around the edges. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast milk and the remaining sugar. Add the vanilla paste and the soft margarine and knead with the dough hooks of a hand mixer or food processor until a smooth dough is formed. Form the dough into a ball and let it rise, covered, in a warm place for about 30-60 minutes, until doubled in volume.
- Dough, and flour for rolling out. Knead the dough again and roll it out on a floured work surface to a thickness of 2 cm. Cut out 12 circles from the dough. Cut a hole in the center of each one. Place the donuts on a floured baking sheet, cover and let rest for another 20-30 minutes.
- Sunflower oil. Place the oil in a large pot and heat to about 160 degrees. Depending on the size of the pot, 2-4 donuts can be fried at a time. However, they should have enough room to rise. Drain the donuts on a paper towel and let them cool.
- Powdered sugar, water, and dark chocolate coating. Mix the powdered sugar with a little water until you have a thick glaze. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in a water bath. Frost six donuts with icing and the remaining six with chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles or other decorations as desired.
TIP: If you want to save some calories, you can replace the sugar in the dough with Xucker and use powdered erythritol instead of powdered sugar.