Eat papaya: this is how you get the pulp
Here we will show you how to eat papaya properly.
- Wash the papaya thoroughly and then cut it in half.
- The black seeds in the middle are edible, but not to everyone’s taste. It is best to remove them with a spoon.
- Rinse the fruit once and then add some lemon juice to the papaya halves, if you like. The lemon rounds off the taste of the papaya well.
- You can now spoon out the ripe papaya like a kiwi.
Papaya: Here’s what you should know about the fruit
Everything you need to know about papayas can be read briefly in the following points.
- Papayas are oval in shape and the flesh is usually light orange to pink in color. For longer shelf life, store the fruit in the refrigerator at best.
- The size varies greatly depending on origin, season, and variety. Papayas can weigh from half a kilo to six kilos.
- When ripe, the fruit has a pleasantly sweet taste. The fruit tastes best between May and October when it is in season.
- With its high vitamin C content, the papaya is a real vitamin bomb and is often called a super fruit. Just 100 grams of the pulp covers the daily requirement of around 100 milligrams for an adult.
Papaya in the fruit salad – that’s how it works
If you want to cut the papaya into bite-sized pieces, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Peel the papaya generously, because the flesh directly under the peel is often rather bitter.
- Then cut the papaya in half as described above and then chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the exotic fruit in the fruit salad with different types of melon and grapes, for example.