Eat white cabbage raw in a simple salad
You can easily prepare and enjoy white cabbage as a raw salad.
- Peel the white cabbage. Be generous with this, as the outer skin of the cabbage is often very tough. This saves you from having to wash the cabbage.
- Then chop the white cabbage into small, fine strips of about three to four centimeters. Put the strips in a bowl and proceed as you would to dress a salad.
- Use vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice for refinement. Mix well and leave in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Raw cabbage sticks as a healthy snack
The preparation of the white cabbage sticks is very simple.
- To do this, cut the white cabbage into larger pieces about five to eight centimeters long and two to three centimeters wide. Put them in a bowl or dish on the table.
- First stir up a dip, which you can serve with the following ingredients: The conventional spices salt, and pepper should not be missing here either. To do this, use mild paprika, also because of the color, some grated lemon zest, and some nutmeg.
- Take the fresh cream and whip it until it has a creamy and fluffy consistency. Then add the cream to the mixed spices. Mix the cream very gently and carefully with the prepared spice mixture. Do not stir too vigorously, otherwise, the cream may collapse.
- Put the seasoned cream in small containers. You can now simply dip the white cabbage into the thief as raw food sticks. Just like you might be used to french fries with ketchup.
Raw cabbage salad with cream dressing
This variant is a slight modification to the first salad recipe.
- Cut the white cabbage into somewhat coarse, wider strips. Again, add the usual seasonings, i.e. salt and pepper. Add some cumin to it. With this variant, however, you use fresh cream for the dressing.
- Mix well and cover the bowl with a cloth. Then put the salad in the fridge and let it sit for about an hour.
- If you want to boost the flavor a bit in the tart direction, add some buttermilk or yogurt to the cream.
As a small addition: A recipe for preparing raw white cabbage as a dessert
- Cut the cabbage as you would for the salads, only slightly smaller.
- Make pieces of two by one centimeters here. Mix spices like cinnamon, cloves, and coriander, along with a little brown sugar, into whatever honey base flavor you like the most.
- Stir in the spiced honey and place portions into bowls. If you want a little ornament and a little more sweetness, use some powdered sugar. This variant is quite durable.
- However, if you use the cream as a further addition and refinement, you should consume the mass on the same day.