Grilling chicory – instructions
This is how you are guaranteed to have a successful barbecue:
- Wash the chicory well with cold or lukewarm water. Then cut the vegetables in half lengthwise.
- Place an aluminum tray on the grill grate and place the vegetables on it. Alternatively, wrap the chicory in aluminum foil.
- If you have an electric grill, you can do without the aluminum foil. Or you can use a grill pan for the stove. Avoid using oil.
- In general, you should not grill the vegetables too hot, as in this case the healthy bitter substances are lost.
- Grill the vegetables for a maximum of four minutes. You can turn it in once.
Vegetables go well with these dishes
Grilled chicory goes well with many dishes. We have put together some ideas for you here:
- A classic is a chicory with pineapple. Due to the bitter substances, it contains, sweet pineapple is a good addition to a salad.
- Chicory can also be combined with other grilled vegetables. Well, suited are, for example, peppers, tomatoes, or zucchini.
- If you like rosemary, you can put it on the chicory while grilling. This gives it a light rosemary aroma.
- Grilled chicory is also popular as an addition to the tomato salad. It is best to refine the combination with a little vinegar.